You are currently viewing: News
LyondellBasell receives Hostalen ACP PE technology contract
LyondellBasell today announced Shandong Yuhuang Shengshi Chemical Inc. Ltd, has selected the LyondellBasell Hostalen ACP polyethylene process technology for a 200 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) unit to be constructed in their petrochemical complex at Heze in Shandong province. Start-up is scheduled for 2018.
Mr. SONG Juhe, Vice General Manager of Shandong Yuhuang Shengshi Chemical stated, “We selected the Hostalen ACP process technology for its exceptional ability to produce high-performance HDPE products and LyondellBasell’s long term commitment to its clients”
“The market demands high-performance HDPE, and our multi-modal technology effectively meets these needs” said Dan Coombs, Executive Vice President Global Manufacturing, Refining, Projects and Technology at LyondellBasell. “As a trusted, long-term technology licensor we are very pleased to enable Shandong Yuhuang Shengshi to achieve their HDPE ambitions”.
Hostalen ACP process technology manufactures high-performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an industry-leading stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance, high stress cracking resistance and processing advantages used in film, blow molding and pipe applications.
LyondellBasell is a leading licensor of polypropylene and polyethylene technologies with more than 250 polyolefin process licenses.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process, LyondellBasell’s portfolio of licensed polyolefin technologies and associated technical services includes:
* Spheripol – The leading PP process with more than 22 million tons of licensed capacity combines its globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
* Spherizone – The breakthrough Spherizone multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform with flexible operating conditions to manufacture added-value polypropylene with novel architecture and enhanced properties
* Metocene PP – Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
* Lupotech –The market leader on high-pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of Low density Polyethylene (LDPE)
* Spherilene – Flexible, gas-phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
Other News Items
Emerson today announced it has completed the purchase of MYNAH Technologies, a long-time Emerson alliance partner and a leading provider of dynamic simulation and operator ...
Elliott Group has been awarded a contract to supply compression equipment for Hengli Petrochemical Refinery’s integrated refining and petrochemical complex now ...
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) announced today that it has received an order from De Nora Permelec Ltd., via the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction ...
The oil and gas industry has always been seen as conservative and resistant to change but, due to the recent drop in the oil prices, downstream companies are now looking ...
Brüel & Kjær Vibro is committed to providing the best products, solutions and services to satisfy the always growing market needs for higher productivity, ...
CB&I today announced it has been awarded a contract by PT Petrokimia Butadiene Indonesia (PBI), a Chandra Asri Petrochemical Group company, for the license and engineering ...
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc, as one of BASF’s Global Engineering Partners for Large Capital Projects, provides engineering, procurement and construction management ...
KBR, Inc announced today it has been awarded Operator Training Simulator (OTS) and Reliability Based Maintenance (RBM) services contracts by JSC EuroChem Northwest for ...
Toyo Engineering Corporation and Koch-Glitsch today announced a new partnership to distribute TOYO’s innovative energy-saving distillation system, SUPERHIDIC®, ...
LyondellBasell one of the world's largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies, has broken ground on the first commercial Hyperzone polyethylene (PE) plant at its ...