Sinopec Hainan to use LyondellBasellâ€™s Hostalen ACP Technology
LyondellBasell, the worldâ€™s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that Sinopec Hainan Refining & Chemical Co., LTD. (Sinopec) will use the LyondellBasell Hostalen â€śAdvanced Cascade Processâ€ť (Hostalen ACP) technology for a new facility.
The process technology will be used for a 300 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) facility to be built in Yangpu, Hainan Province, P.R. China.
â€śMulti-modal HDPE resins play a key role in addressing the growing demand for higher value polyethylene products,â€ť said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added: â€śThe Hostalen ACP process is the leading low-pressure technology to deliver those benchmark polymer products.â€ť
With these new capacity additions, LyondellBasell has licensed over 8500 KTA of benchmark multi-modal HDPE resins.
The Hostalen ACP low-pressure slurry process technology manufactures high performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an increased stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance and high stress-cracking resistance used in pressure pipe, film and blow-molding applications.
The Sinopec Hainan HDPE plant will commence operations using Avant Z501 and Avant Z509 catalysts to produce a full range of multi-modal HDPE products.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasellâ€™s in-house expertise of continuous process, operating and product improvements by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process technology, LyondellBasellâ€™s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
* Spheripol â€“ The leading PP process technology with more than 27 million tons of licensed capacity with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
* Spherizone â€“ The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
* Lupotech â€“ The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
* Spherilene â€“ Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
* Metocene PP â€“ Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
* Avant â€“ Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
Clariant and Dusloâ€™s research institute VUCHT are transforming waste into wealth. Using a proprietary technique and Clariantâ€™s HYDEX E next-generation hydro-dewaxing ...
Reuters Events has launched the Petrochemical Development virtual event with CEO of Chemours, CEO of Lanxess, CEO of CNX Corporation and more all making speaking contributions. ...
Clariant Catalysts is picking up speed with the successful expansion of its high-throughput R&D center in Palo Alto, California. Thanks to a significant investment, ...
Environmental Challenges and Partnership With NASA. Competition in the oil and gas licensing business, new oil processing technologies, plastic recycling projects, regional ...
Yokogawa Corporation of America announces the release in North America of its Sushi Sensor, an OpreXâ„˘ Asset Management and Integrity wireless solution, with advanced ...
TechnipFMC and Clariant Catalysts announced today that they have entered into a joint development agreement for the demonstration and commercialization of Clariantâ€™s ...
Designed by Sinopec Engineering, the largest single-unit hydrogenation reactor in the world weighs 3,025 tons, which is the equivalent of 17 blue whales, the biggest ...
Clariant is launching its next-generation phthalate-free olefin polymerization catalysts, expanding its portfolio to include a new offering to meet the most demanding ...
Aramco today announced the successful completion of its share acquisition of a 70% stake in Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC) from the Public Investment Fund ...
The CEO of Repsol, Josu Jon Imaz, today presented two pioneering industrial decarbonization projects that the company will undertake with the participation of prominent ...