Sinopec Hainan to use LyondellBasellâ€™s Hostalen ACP Technology
LyondellBasell, the worldâ€™s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that Sinopec Hainan Refining & Chemical Co., LTD. (Sinopec) will use the LyondellBasell Hostalen â€śAdvanced Cascade Processâ€ť (Hostalen ACP) technology for a new facility.
The process technology will be used for a 300 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) facility to be built in Yangpu, Hainan Province, P.R. China.
â€śMulti-modal HDPE resins play a key role in addressing the growing demand for higher value polyethylene products,â€ť said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added: â€śThe Hostalen ACP process is the leading low-pressure technology to deliver those benchmark polymer products.â€ť
With these new capacity additions, LyondellBasell has licensed over 8500 KTA of benchmark multi-modal HDPE resins.
The Hostalen ACP low-pressure slurry process technology manufactures high performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an increased stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance and high stress-cracking resistance used in pressure pipe, film and blow-molding applications.
The Sinopec Hainan HDPE plant will commence operations using Avant Z501 and Avant Z509 catalysts to produce a full range of multi-modal HDPE products.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasellâ€™s in-house expertise of continuous process, operating and product improvements by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process technology, LyondellBasellâ€™s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
* Spheripol â€“ The leading PP process technology with more than 27 million tons of licensed capacity with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
* Spherizone â€“ The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
* Lupotech â€“ The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
* Spherilene â€“ Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
* Metocene PP â€“ Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
* Avant â€“ Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
Clariant announced today a second contract win for its CATOFIN catalysts with Dongguan Grand Resource Technology (DGR) in Dongguan, China. The company based its ...
thyssenkrupp and BASF have signed a joint development agreement to expand their cooperation on the STAR processÂ®. This proprietary dehydrogenation process from thyssenkrupp ...
KBR announced today that it has been awarded a catalyst supply contract for a Vinyl Acetate Monomer (VAM) project by Shenghong Refining Petrochemical (Lianyungang) Co. ...
PTTGC America President and CEO Toasaporn Boonyapipat made the following statement today in reference to the withdrawal of Daelim Chemical USA from the PTTGCA ...
McDermott International Ltd. today announced it has been awarded a *large engineering and procurement contract from Azikel Petroleum Ltd. for the modular 12,000 BPD Hydro-Skimming ...
McDermott International Ltd. today announced Tareq Kawash as Senior Vice President for its Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region effective immediately. Kawash ...
Alfa Laval, a world leader in heat transfer, centrifugal separation and fluid handling - will use advanced digital twin technology when expanding capacity in the production ...
With the final 1,240t propylene mounded bullet installed at Dangote Petroleum Refinery and Petrochemical complex in Nigeria, Mammoet is demobilizing equipment it has ...
Clariant has joined forces with Ineratec in the challenge for a greener future. The companies have entered a partnership to develop and commercialize novel technologies ...
Nelesâ€™ new valve technology center in Jiaxing, China, has started its operations. The new plant strengthens Nelesâ€™ valve and related products production capabilities ...