Sinopec Hainan to use LyondellBasellâ€™s Hostalen ACP Technology
LyondellBasell, the worldâ€™s largest licensor of polyolefin technologies, today announced that Sinopec Hainan Refining & Chemical Co., LTD. (Sinopec) will use the LyondellBasell Hostalen â€śAdvanced Cascade Processâ€ť (Hostalen ACP) technology for a new facility.
The process technology will be used for a 300 KTA high density polyethylene (HDPE) facility to be built in Yangpu, Hainan Province, P.R. China.
â€śMulti-modal HDPE resins play a key role in addressing the growing demand for higher value polyethylene products,â€ť said Neil Nadalin, Director of Licensing at LyondellBasell. Nadalin added: â€śThe Hostalen ACP process is the leading low-pressure technology to deliver those benchmark polymer products.â€ť
With these new capacity additions, LyondellBasell has licensed over 8500 KTA of benchmark multi-modal HDPE resins.
The Hostalen ACP low-pressure slurry process technology manufactures high performance, multi-modal HDPE resins with an increased stiffness/toughness balance, impact resistance and high stress-cracking resistance used in pressure pipe, film and blow-molding applications.
The Sinopec Hainan HDPE plant will commence operations using Avant Z501 and Avant Z509 catalysts to produce a full range of multi-modal HDPE products.
New licensees can take advantage of LyondellBasellâ€™s in-house expertise of continuous process, operating and product improvements by optionally joining our Technical Service program.
In addition to the Hostalen ACP process technology, LyondellBasellâ€™s portfolio of licensed polyolefin processes and catalysts includes:
* Spheripol â€“ The leading PP process technology with more than 27 million tons of licensed capacity with globally recognized quality grades with leading monomer consumption and investment costs to make it the technology of choice
* Spherizone â€“ The breakthrough multi-zone circulating reactor provides a unique and innovative platform to manufacture polypropylene products with novel architecture and enhanced properties
* Lupotech â€“ The market leader on high pressure technology offers, with its high conversion rates and effective heat recovery system, the lowest operating and investment costs for the production of low density polyethylene (LDPE) and ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA) copolymers
* Spherilene â€“ Flexible gas phase process technology for the production of LLDPE, MDPE and HDPE
* Metocene PP â€“ Innovative add-on technology for the production of specialty polypropylene products using single-site catalyst systems
* Avant â€“ Advanced Ziegler-Natta, including non-phthalate, chromium and metallocene catalysts for entire range of polyolefin production.
Today, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Yury Borisov, Governor of the Nizhny Novgorod region Gleb Nikitin and President of LUKOIL Vagit Alekperov took ...
Honeywell today announced that its cloud-based Honeywell EnrafÂ® Inventory Calculation Module (HEICM) has been integrated into Royal Vopakâ€™s MyService Terminal Management ...
Maire Tecnimont S.p.A. announces that its main subsidiaries have been granted several awards for a total amount of approximately USD 92 million for licensing and engineering ...
TotalEnergies and Technip Energies signed a Technical Cooperation Agreement to jointly develop low-carbon solutions for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) production and offshore ...
Sasol has joined the global Hydrogen Council, which is a grouping of more than 120 companies from across the hydrogen value. These are companies that all want to play ...
McDermott International, Ltd today announced it has been awarded an engineering and procurement contract for a spent caustic treatment solution on the Gas Chemical ...
With light product demand set to fall by 2035, McKinsey identifies actions refiners can take to pursue profitability in shifting conditions. Research released today ...
Clariant has been awarded another major contract by China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) for its high-performance methanol synthesis catalyst, MegaMax 800. ...
ExxonMobil has signed a Memorandum of Understanding to participate in the recently announced Acorn carbon capture and storage project (CCS) in Scotland. The project plans ...
Shell recently announced a proposal to build a large-scale carbon capture and storage (CCS) project at our Scotford Complex near Edmonton, providing customers with lower-carbon ...