Swagelok® Ammonia sampler Improves sampling safety and accuracy
Swagelok, a leading provider of fluid system products, assemblies, and related services, has announced the release of the Swagelok® ammonia sampler. This innovative offering makes anhydrous ammonia sampling safer by minimizing operators’ exposure to liquid and vaporized ammonia. It also introduces consistency into the sampling operation, significantly expedites the sampling process, and eliminates the need to transport ammonia samples within the facility.
Anhydrous ammonia is used in the production of fertilizers, plastics, textiles, petroleum, and more. To avoid ammonia stress corrosion cracking in storage tanks and product quality concerns, the product must be regularly sampled to verify a water content of 0.2% to 0.5%. The Swagelok ammonia sampler has been specifically designed to address the issues inherent to manual sampling by utilizing:
· Closed-sample fixtures that improve safety by limiting operator exposure and minimizing environmental impact from excess emissions
· Residue tubes that are pre-chilled using the cold ammonia itself, thus preventing aggressive boiling that threatens fill accuracy
· Features that help to control the dispensing of the ammonia sample and ensure a consistent sample size
· A single handle for easier operation and reduced operator error
· A touchscreen interface to control all heater operations
“We know first-hand the importance of safety and accuracy when sampling anhydrous ammonia, so we designed a first-of-its-kind solution that mitigated the risks associated with manual ammonia sampling” says Andy DelSignore, director of engineering services. “By creating something that is semi-automated, the sample collection process is greatly improved and provides the most accurate results possible.”
The new ammonia sampler, along with supporting services such as system evaluation, design and assembly, and training, are available now through local Swagelok sales and service centers. For more information visit our website or contact an authorized Swagelok sales and service center.
Swagelok, a leading provider of fluid system products, assemblies, and related services, has announced the release of the Swagelok® ammonia sampler. This innovative ...
(Webinar) Every day, grab (or spot) sampling systems allow oil, gas, and chemical companies around the world to simply and accurately determine the quality and composition ...